Discussion: WeatherCat Integration Forum
AppleScripts: Edouard Lagache has made available various AppleScripts that work with WeatherCat (extensive documentation is provided) - the latest release is 4th June 2012. As of this time, the facilities provided include:
- WC ET Reporter - An AppleScript tool for computing and reporting Evapotranspiration data from WeatherCat. This AppleScript can compute evapotranspiration using the Blaney-Criddle equation. Owners of Davis Vantage Pro-2 stations fitted with a solar radiation sensor can also use the script to compile data using the more accurate Penman-Monteith equation. Data can be displayed via Growl or email.
- WC Status Growler - An AppleScript tool for reporting the status of various WeatherCat subsystems via Growl.
- WC Storm Monitor - An AppleScript tool for generating wind, rainfall, and barometric pressure change alerts from WeatherCat. Alerts can be displayed via Growl or email.
- WC temperature rising and WC temperature falling - Two AppleScripts to create Growl notifications from WeatherCat temperature alerts.
- WC Twitter Uploader - An AppleScript extension to WeatherCat to upload data to Twitter.
- WC Web Data Uploader - An AppleScript extension to WeatherCat to upload data to several weather upload Websites (These services include British Weather Observations Website (WoW), the PWS-Weather network, and the WeatherBug online community).
- WC Zambretti Forecaster - An AppleScript to generate forecasts from WeatherCat current conditions. It uses the methodology developed by Negretti and Zambra in their mechanical "slide rule" forecast calculator of 1915.
- WC AppleScript Tags Processor - An AppleScript that processes pseudo web-tags of the same sort as used by WeatherCat. This AppleScript allows one to incorporate data from many of the AppleScripts in this collection into web pages generated by WeatherCat such as cumulative evapotranspiration data and Zambretti forecasts.
- Start WeatherCat Scripts - An AppleScript that can be used to start some or all of the AppleScripts above that run continuously. Can be used with WeatherCat's startup action feature to launch all the desired AppleScripts automatically.
- Stop WeatherCat Scripts - An AppleScript to shutdown some or all of the AppleScripts above that run continuously. Can be used with WeatherCat's shutdown action feature to stop all the desired AppleScripts automatically when WeatherCat quits.
See WeatherCat Scripts *BETA* of 2012-06-04 for more details and download.
Tips and tricks for using the WeatherCat Scripts