WeatherCat can work with a webcam in one of three ways:
- 1. A camera connected to your Mac, controlled by WeatherCat.
- 2. A camera managed by a third-party application. If the software can make the current image available as a file on disk, then WeatherCat can use the image.
- 3. A camera connected to a network that makes its image available via http:, normally as a .jpg, .png or .gif.
To set up the way WeatherCat gets the image form your webcam, go to Preferences->WebCam.
WeatherCat can use the webcam in the following ways:
- 1 To provide images in various size to your Simple  and Custom  web pages.
- 2 To provide time-lapse movies to your Custom web  pages.
- 3 To upload your webcam image to Wunderground .
- 4 To save images and movies to your hard-disk for further archival and/or editing. Images can be kept for up to 24 hours, movies for up to 7 days.
Images/movie frames can be captured at a maximum rate of once every 5 seconds.
- Logitec WebCam Pro 9000 
- Trixology uses a Logitec WebCam Pro 9000 mounted internally, controlled by WeatherCat. This has been in use for over three years 24/7/365 with not a single problem. It offers good value for money whilst being able to cope with the difficult task of capturing Weather images in all conditions. The camera runs over a 5m active USB extension cable.